Being environmentally responsible is not just a good idea but a necessary commitment to preserve our future. Whether your project requires LEED certification or you are just looking for ways to reduce your carbon footprint; give us a call and we can guide you through some ways to produce your project that will promote a sustainable solution. Whether we print on recycled materials or use substrates that biodegrade more quickly than standard substrates we can show you how to produce your project with an eye to being green. Some of the ways that DIR has reduced its carbon footprint are:
· Providing electronic document management tools which allow users to view documents on-line versus printing their documents, Like Planwell.
· Provide recycled bond paper printing of documents offers at least 30% post-consumer waste pulp which reduces the amounts of paper sent to landfills.
· We recycle ink and toner cartridges from all printers and plotters at our clients’ locations as well as in our production facilities. Follow the link to learn more about our toner cartridge recycling program.
· Our production plotters use 100% of their toner, protecting the ozone layer by eliminating waste toner entirely.
· Our flatbed printing technology uses environmentally friendly inks, which are cured using UV light and do not emit any volatile organic compounds into the environment.
· Where possible, our deliveries and facilitated by bicycle messengers, reducing our consumption of and reliance on fossil fuels.
· Many print jobs print on paper manufactured using wind-generated electricity.